SMS gateway servers are made to organize bilateral exchange with users of GSM short text messages and are used in electronic payments to notify of the transaction as well as also observe and oversee the equipment.
With distribution of information using SMS server, radio listeners and television viewers can be polled. SMS servers support simultaneous devices and SMPP connections, with each connection being treated separately. If you're searching for a flexible tool that can sustain sending huge numbers of text messages, then one should go for bulk SMS providers with SMS gateway servers.
SMS server software
SMS Gateway server, administered as an NT service for Windows, such as Microsoft Windows NT 4.0/2000/XP/2003/2008. SMS Gateway servers support multi-user configuration.
SMS Client – a Win32 application that functions on all platforms supported by Microsoft and sustains the exchange of SMS messages with an SMS Gateway server. A set of COM components provide exchange protocols with supported types of GSM devices and SMS Gateway server.
SMS Gateway server can:
- Send and receive SMS messages through database servers
- Facilitate the sending of SMS messages in bulk from a command line
- Configure SMS content analysis and perform predetermined actions
SMS clients will:
- View incoming and outgoing SMS messages according to the specified criteria (outgoing, incoming, or within a range of dates)
- Receive delayed messages
- Create and send new SMS messages (or from the database) to specified phone numbers, entered manually or selected from the built-in phone book
- Send SMS messages to a group of numbers.
An SMS marketing campaign is one of the best ways by which you can promote your business. Here are some tips help you when using an SMS gateway server service:
- Avoid sending your marketing campaigns to those who are not subscribed to receive promotional messages. Unsolicited marketing is usually regarded as spam by its recipients and so is the company that sends it. Make sure that you are up to date with all the rules and regulations of mass-marketing in your country, in order to be successful.
- Always be active and administer a Call to Action (CTA) message that will make your users more interactive. Neglect confusing messages as they will not help you utilize the most out of your SMS gateway.
- Stick with your campaign strategy all the way. If you decided to send three messages weekly, make sure you do not exceed that.
- For maximum turnover of your marketing campaign, make a habit of sending messages at the most appropriate hours of the day. Since time zones are different in every part of the world, the marketing SMS should be configured and sent during the working hours of the day and not at night.
- The SMS messages should be short and to the point. Avoid sending bulky and complex messages.
- Always use the name of the brand and product as much as possible. Short, repetitive messages usually get "stuck" in memory and what better message than your product and brand name? However, avoid sending similar messages repeatedly as it only puts off your prospective clients.
- The SMS gateway solutions must be chosen intuitively so that they can provide enough flexibility when it comes to planning out the marketing campaigns.
- A brand can grow significantly and reach a multitude of customers by an SMS campaign. Having a highly effective strategy will build a more long-lasting relationship with your clients – a great factor for success.
- Get yourself a reliable SMS gateway provider and ensure there’s maximum efficiency in your campaigns. Avoid the “Do It Yourself” approach and instead consult a professional SMS marketing expert who can assist you in generating a better Return on Investment (ROI).
- Be aware of the financial resources you have before commencing your SMS campaign as it will help you plan out your next moves effectively.
- Choose an SMS gateway server that can relay a huge number of messages within a short period of time. The SMS gateway server should offer fast delivery services to ensure the success of your campaigns.
- Ensure your marketing content is unique enough to set it apart from your competition.
- Be minimalistic but smart about your campaign SMS messages. Essentially, say more by putting in fewer words.
- Plan out your SMS campaign according to the needs and preferences of your clients.